Need Site Support?

Please contact the staff through the site's Contact Us form.

IBOLC Housing

eastwood44
ArmyOCS.com Member

IBOLC Housing

Postby eastwood44 Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:04 am

I'm sure this has been answered, but I just want to get confirmation:

Currently, during IBOLC, is an Officer (unmarried) ALLOWED to live off base? I'm not as concerned with financial assistance regarding off-base housing, I just want to make sure that if one chooses to live off-base, that this is allowed. Thank you.
PhantomWarrior
Veteran

Postby PhantomWarrior Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:25 am

We probably have some recent IBOLC grads around. But if you want the most current information your best bet might be to call the S-1 and ask them directly.

http://www.benning.army.mil/infantry/19 ... ectory.pdf
buldg99nc
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby buldg99nc Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:57 am

My roommate during ABOLC was in IBOLC and we lived at Greystone Farms off exit 10. You will be free to live where you want. Independence Place was a favorite for both A and IBOLC. There are also some nice lofts downtown if you want to be closer to that area, Eagle and Phoenix was extremely nice. There is also optional on post housing that some prefer due to its proximity to IBOLC.
eastwood44
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby eastwood44 Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:22 am

My roommate during ABOLC was in IBOLC and we lived at Greystone Farms off exit 10. You will be free to live where you want. Independence Place was a favorite for both A and IBOLC. There are also some nice lofts downtown if you want to be closer to that area, Eagle and Phoenix was extremely nice. There is also optional on post housing that some prefer due to its proximity to IBOLC.
Great, thank you both.

One of the main reasons I want to know is that I have a pet that I need to get out of boarding asap, so if I can live off-base where a dog is allowed, that would be ideal.
Hoosier14
2LT
2LT

Postby Hoosier14 Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:55 pm

To clarify, IP is not a favorite, it is more so the most convenient option if you want to live off-post. Yeah living in a loft downtown would be cool, but it can get very expensive and aside from the restaurants downtown, there isn't much around (grocery stores, movie theaters, etc). If you are looking for the best off-post livelihood, anywhere off exit 10 will be your best option. All the restaurants, stores, movie theaters you could ever ask for. It is about a 20 minute drive to ibolc and all you do is jump on the highway and it ends right at the gate, whereas living downtown and in IP you have to take some side streets to get to the main roads.

Return to “Infantry”