Need Site Support?

Please contact the staff through the site's Contact Us form.

AERIAL DELIVERY AND FIELD SERVICES

gdavis1080
ArmyOCS.com Member

AERIAL DELIVERY AND FIELD SERVICES

Postby gdavis1080 Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:02 pm

ALCON,

Looking for information within this forum on how to become an Aerial Delivery and Field Services OFFICER allowing me to go to Rigger school, Airborne,etc.....any help or information would be awesome.

Thank you
PhantomWarrior
Veteran

Re: AERIAL DELIVERY AND FIELD SERVICES

Postby PhantomWarrior Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:43 pm

Are you in an Airborne unit? Do you have orders to an Airborne unit? What branch are you?
gdavis1080
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby gdavis1080 Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:46 pm

Yes sir, we branch in 3 weeks so I am currently at OCS right now and to answer your question I am airborne certified already...been jumping for about 3 years which I understand you must be airborne qualified before applying for the ADMOC position?
PhantomWarrior
Veteran

Postby PhantomWarrior Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:53 pm

What branch are you planning to choose?
gdavis1080
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby gdavis1080 Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:47 pm

If I can get the Aerial Delivery slot then I'd branch QM but I am trying to find out more information on the job first.
PhantomWarrior
Veteran

Postby PhantomWarrior Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:15 pm

There is some good info on the Aerial Delivery & Field Services Department website. As well as contact info for the school house. There is also at least one thread in the Quartermaster forum about ADMOC.

My understanding of the job is you get the school if you get assigned to a specific slot, like a Rigger PL. If you are an assistant S-4 or a platoon leader or XO in a QM unit you are not going to go to the ADMOC course. I believe you would have to get branch to send you to an Airborne unit and then prevail on G1/battalion leadership/etc to put you in a slot that requires ADMOC.

Would you consider QM if you can't be an ADMOC? I guess the point I'm trying to make is getting that school is dependent on getting a very specific position. Would you be interested in other jobs like the ones I listed?
DrewDawg
CPT
CPT

Postby DrewDawg Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:12 am

Like Phantom Warrior said, if you are only selecting QM based on that school you are either going to get your feelings hurt or are picking a branch for the wrong reasons. You need to look at where you are on the OML and what you future in the army will be able to assist you with outside of the military. Unless your unit needs someone for that its hard for anyone to tell you the likelihood of attending that school. Think about your future in and out of the military when selecting your branch.

I myself was not lucky enough to select my branch. They has us in the field, put us in the stands and read from a list telling us our branch. So just know you have some but not all control on your career.

CPT M

Return to “Quartermaster”